MEL Chemicals Inc. currently has a vacancy within the engineering department, working on all engineering aspects for the Flemington site including the design, installation, and commissioning of equipment intended to enhance production, productivity, product quality, safety and environmental protection.
MEL Chemicals, part of the Luxfer Group, is the world´s leading producer of speciality zirconium chemicals, with manufacturing facilities in both the UK and USA.
Our range of inorganic chemicals can be used in a variety of different application areas (please see website for further details).
Reporting to the Plant Manager your role will:
1. Give professional engineering input to meet the company strategy objectives.
2. Monitor equipment in operation to maximize up-time and reduce fixed costs associated with product manufacture. This could include but not limited to: energy usage, capital equipment costs, throughput velocity, maintenance down-time, etc.
3. Responsible for energy conservation programs at the site.
4. Implement projects with high regard for occupational health and safety and environmental protection. Adhering to all local, State and Federal engineering codes and regulations.
5. Provide troubleshooting services as needed on equipment and processes.
6. Develop and manage financial budgets for engineering, maintenance, CapEx and associated projects.
7. Recruit employees, assigns, directs, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
8. Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities. Consults or negotiates with suppliers to prepare project specifications. Presents and explains proposals, reports, or findings to peers and supervisors. Directs, reviews, and approves equipment designs and changes.
9. Analyzes current operating practices, the equipment uptime and machinery functions to reduce associated QEH&S risks. Identifies areas of improvement using internal trend data and externally available options and acts as a positive agent of change.
10. Interface with vendors and outside contractors relating to the purchase of equipment and services for project implementation.
11. Supervise contractors and/or MELi workers engaged in the installation of new equipment.
A college degree in engineering (ideally mechanical) and at least 5 years of industrial experience in a chemical or pharmaceutical environment is preferred. An advanced degree or additional education would be beneficial.
MEL Chemicals Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, offering a competitive compensation and benefits.
If you´d like to share in our reputation for success, please send your resume to:
Gavin Edwards, MEL Chemicals Inc., 500 Barbertown Point Breeze Rd, Flemington, NJ 08822
or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date 1st March 2012
For more information visit our website at www.zrchem.com