Nano Particulate Materials
MEL has developed zirconia nano suspensions for a range of applications. The properties of nanoparticles are different from those of the bulk material with the most significant difference being the dramatically increased surface area to volume ratio.
Nanoparticles have a huge potential across a wide range of applications and industries. MEL has developed zirconia nano suspensions for ceramic and catalyst applications:
- Aqueous colloidal dispersions of nanosized doped and undoped zirconia powders.
- Dispersions are typically acidic containing approximately 20-25 wt% oxides.
- Dispersions are stable for several months.
- Nanomaterials exhibit high surface areas.
- Doped zirconia nano materials are single phase.
Below is the characterisation data for our nanomaterials as well as XRD scans and magnified images of the materials.
For further information regarding our yttria zirconia nano materials see the attached datasheet download
Table1: Typical Analysis of nano zirconia materials
Figure 1: XRD Scans after oven drying at 110ºC
Figure 2: Intermediate magnification showing particle morphology